Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Click here for all the instructions and an entry form you can print and complete. Entry fees are $10 per piece for members and $15 per piece for non-members. Entry forms and fees must be mailed to SAL, P.O. Box 445, Seguin TX 78156 by Monday, March 10.
Deliver your entries between 10 AM and Noon Saturday, March 15, to the Selig Room, GRMC, 1215 E. Court St.
The opening reception will be Thursday, March 20, 5-7 PM, and everyone present will select artists to receive $100 first, $75 second, and $50 third place prizes.
Docents will be needed beginning Monday, March 17. The show will hang until pickup time between 10 AM and noon on Saturday, April 19.
Monday, February 17, 2014
Family, friends, and area art lovers crowded into the Selig Room at GRMC on Feb. 16 to see 89 pieces of artwork by 70 artists, 35 from middle schools and 35 from elementary schools. The artists came from Marion, LaVernia, Navarro, McQueeney, and these schools in Seguin: Briesemeister, Barnes, Saegert, Weinert, Rodriguez, Koennecke, Patlan, Jefferson, and a home school.
Alligator Dental and pediatric dentist Al Burns, DDS, sponsored this year's show and helped present cash awards to the winners present. The entire list of winners includes the following 1st through 8th graders:
Middle School Winners
- 1st place Noah Hinojosa, “Largemouth Bass,” 8th grader at A.J. Briesemeister
- 2nd place Bryan Valadez, “Paul the Octopus,” 6th grader at Saegert
- 3rd place Justin Ablin, “The White Squirrel,” 7th grader, home-schooled
- 4 Honorable Mentions --
· Roman Ruiz, “La Flor Naranja,” 8th grader at Barnes
· Tabitha Pruski, “The Hand,” 6th grader at Lavernia
· Matthew Gibson, “Spirograph,” 7th grader at Marion
· Abigail Perez, “The Muscle Box,” 6th grader at Saegert
Elementary School Winners
- 10 Special Achievements Awards --
· Logan Busskahl, “The Human Doll,” Vogel 3rd grader
· Tessa Pruski, “Sunset,” LaVernia 4th grader
· Brian Nevarez, “Lily Padz,” McQueeney 3rd grader
· Katalina Adams, “The Heart of Glory,” Rodriguez 1st grader
· Aiden Wittlesey-Adams, “Bush Under the Bridge,” Jefferson 3rd grader
· Peyton Silvius, “Sorbet Hibiscus,” Rodriguez 5th grader
· Daniela Ablin, “Platapus,” Weinert 5th grader
· Kari Sanchez, “Red Roses,” Patlan 5th grader
· Angela Styblo, “Ocean Life,” Koenneke 5th grader
· Alexander Ablin, “Raindrops in Winter,” Weinert 3rd grader
Click here to see photos of the artwork and the reception, including the craft project led by member Donna Maske that will continue in Central Park on Saturday, Feb. 22, as part of ArtsFest. To view the photos in a slideshow, click the down arrow V at the far right, and click Slideshow. The Play, Pause, and Stop controls will appear at the bottom of the screen.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
The Awards Reception is Sunday, Feb. 16, from 3 to 5 PM, and refreshments will be served. The artist or a family member must be present at the reception to receive a cash prize. The public is invited.