Thirty-one artists from LaVernia and Seguin High Schools entered 48 pieces of artwork including clay sculpture, mixed media, drawings, and paintings in the 5th Annual High School Art Show. Prize winners present are shown at the left.
Awards were announced at the opening reception held May 9. The following won Honorable Mention:
- Junior at LaVernia High Rachel Henkes for her acrylic painting "Happiness is Measured in Hands."
- Junior at Seguin High Dillon Hammons for his acrylic painting "Palo Dara Canyon."
- LaVernia junior Alisen Saenz for her chalk drawing "Lil' Cowboy."
- Seguin senior Carrigan Herring for her plaster and acrylic "A Mother and Daughter Moment to Remember."
- LaVernia sophomore Kailee Wegehaupt for her charcoal drawing "Wrapped in the Moment."
Place ribbons went to the following:
- Third to Seguin High senior Seth Anderson for his pastel "McAdory."
- Second to LaVernia junior Logan Parker for her "Stud in a Bucket."
- First to LaVernia senior Reagan Roswell for her acrylic "Overwhelmed."
Click here to see photos from the reception and winners with their work. When the page of photos appears, you can click on any photo to see the caption and start a Slideshow.
Student artists must return to the Selig Room at the Guadalupe Regional Medical Center, 1215 E. Court St., on May 24 between 10 AM and 12 noon to pick up their art. If anyone cannot be there at this time, arrange with another artist, friend, or family member to pick up your artwork. Anything not retrieved on May 24 will be disposed of.